As the Maintenance Group Leader, you will be responsible for a small to medium group of maintenance employees. You will manage the maintenance and repair of plant equipment and facilities aligned with standard GM maintenance systems in addition to the following responsibilities
- You will conduct appropriate checks and tests, and communicate evaluation of results
- Recommends solutions to problems
- Responsible for preventative maintenance and diagnosis of equipment malfunctions
- Meets schedule and quality requirements
- Complies with the terms of local and national labor agreements
- Implements divisional and corporate policies and safety and good housekeeping practices
- Maintain frequent contact and collaboration with others outside of the work group
- Responsible for the effective use of personnel, material and equipment
- Establishes a course of action to accomplish completion of the job and/or project. Has knowledge and ability to implement GMS principlesAdditional Description
- Bachelor's Degree: Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Mechatronic Engineer and all Engineering related.
-Required experience in similar position: from 1 to 3 years.
-Available to change shifts
- Key Skills: Experience working with PLCs from Siemens, Allen Bradley and FANUC brands, welding process.
Remember to attach your CV when applying to this vacancy.
Just so you know…diversity and inclusion are our strengths. We respect and value what each individual contribution to our team, including their origin, education, sex, race, ethnic group, sexual orientation, gender expression and / or identity, religious context, age, generation, and disability. We believe that our ability to meet the needs and expectations of an increasingly diverse and global customer base is closely linked to the diversity and inclusion that we experience within General Motors.About GM
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Total Rewards Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.