Main Purpose of this position
The data Engineer is responsible for translating business requirements into technology requirements and defining data standards and principles. This position will be creating, developing, and designing data strategy, architectures, and roadmaps for GMPI (General Motors Premier Import) program. The output of this position will support GMPI in data analytics, ML, system development and integrations. In addition, this position shall assume responsibility for defining overall policies and procedures in light of legal and government regulatory frameworks and contractual constraints, as well as designing countermeasures to address risks.
Roles and Responsibilities
Required Qualifications and Experience
RESPONSIBILITIES: - Communicates and maintains Master Data, Metadata, Data Management Repositories, Logical Data Models, Data Standards
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- You will assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non- functional business requirements
- You will identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build industrialized analytic datasets and delivery mechanisms that utilize the data pipeline to deliver actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Work with business partners on data-related technical issues and develop requirements to support their data infrastructure needs
- Create highly consistent and accurate analytic datasets suitable for business intelligence and data scientist team members
REQUIREMENTS: - At least 3 years of hands on experience with Big Data Tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- You have mastery with databases - Advanced SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra
- Data Wrangling and Preparation: Alteryx, Trifacta, SAS, Datameer
- Stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- 7 or more years with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Ability to tackle problems quickly and completely
- Ability to identify tasks which require automation and automate them
- A demonstrable understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
PREFERRED: - Data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, RedshiftAbout GM
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Total Rewards Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.