Main Purpose of this position s
The primary purpose of the DevOps is to lead multi-functional software development and environment operation and management to deliver innovative products to market that deliver service and value to our premium collection customers. This role requires someone with the expertise to understand product vision, features, and architecture, perform the coding and manage software environment effectively to multiple development teams. The DevOps will operate in a complex multi organizational landscape and will develop and operate existing systems or new systems to provide a world class customer experience
Roles and Responsibilities
Required Qualifications and Experience
Skills and Abilities
You will need to have proven experience in the following:
- Full lifecycle application development using standard design patterns/frameworks
- Must have experience as part of a software project delivery effort
- Demonstrate mastery of several programming languages, tools and/or technologies
- Assists with Performance tuning, usability assessment/improvement
- Proactively engage in the identification / remediation of software issues such as code quality, pattern mismatch, and security issues related to the code or solution/configuration
- Integrate software with existing software/systems
- Knowledge of Software testing, quality assurance and solutions testing including automation
- Knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software applications
- Work closely with senior developers, software engineers and/or data scientist to gain additional knowledge and expertise.
- Document software solutions and ensure that technical documentation meets GM standards
- Understand and maintain compliance with GM standards and industry standard methodology
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors.
- Models GM behaviors and crafts a winning culture.About GM
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Total Rewards Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.