Provide Plants/Customer consultation regarding implementation of Corporate and regional policies and procedures.
- Set/monitor Key Performance Indicators for Industrial Hygiene
- Facilitate/Coordinate communications between the site safety team, appropriate industrial hygiene SMEs, product/manufacturing engineering, medical team and other team members as necessary.
- Support and implement action items consistent with the Business Plan, develop, deploy and monitor regional business strategy on IH
- Review and recommend site industrial hygiene surveys, including sampling and laboratory analysis as needed.
- Interpret industrial hygiene data and provide recommendations to local management.
- Provide consultation and training for local IH resources and other support personnel.
- Provide technical consultation in the area of chemical management with the local hazardous material committees.
- Interpret and communicate regional and local regulatory standards as well as international consensus standards. Participate to regional industry committee(s) as needed.
- Ensure completion of the relevant Industrial Hygiene self audits and assessments; outside assessments/audits and provide necessary follow up on CAP goals.
- Conduct annual industrial hygiene program reviews and provide local management with feedback and support for deficient areas.
- Provide assistance for resolution of local regulatory inquires or investigations related to industrial hygiene activities at an assigned site.
- Performs other related duties as assignedAdditional Description
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Total Rewards Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.