· Execute SOX & non-SOX compliance activities including gaining understanding of business processes, conducting and participating in walkthroughs, and performing tests of design and operational effectiveness for in scope controls.
· Develop a detailed understanding of GM's processes and systems in order to identify both control gaps and any opportunities to streamline processes and controls.
· Prepare and update documentation including process flowcharts, risk assessments, test plans.
· Document accurate and detailed work papers following internal guidelines.
· Partner with external auditors to ensure alignment
· Assess control deficiencies, including agreement with control owners on root cause, any mitigating controls, impact analysis, and remediation action plans.
· Build effective working relationships with business partners across the organization.
· Complete process improvement, modernization and time savings activities.
· Provide analysis that drive decisions to optimize business processes and improve results.
· Complete special assignments as required.Additional Description
· Bachelor degree in accounting or business
· Public accounting firm experience
· MBA or Masters of Science degree in business field (preferred)
· CPA – Certified Public Accountant (preferred)
· Knowledge of existing GM IT systems and business processes (preferred)
· Sufficient technical background in audit, internal controls and reporting
· Demonstrated project management skills and strong audit background (internal or external)
· High level of business acumen
· Demonstrated ability to work and lead with minimal supervision on unstructured assignments
· Excellent team building, planning, change management and leadership skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Demonstrated problem solving ability and ability to resolve issues under tight deadlines
· Ability to prioritize assignments / projects and multi-task within time constraints
· Ability to network and collaborate cross-functionally
Shift: DayAbout GM
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Total Rewards Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.