This role is hybrid with 60% travel expectation.
This role is critical for improving the overall quality of GM products. This role helps reduce warranty and improves E-FTQ at all GM facilities by preventing defects through the entire electrical architecture of vehicles.
It all starts with the foundation and the process of building vehicles at GM. By creating a solid structure of standards and processes, it will protect the vehicles, plants, and customers.
This role defines the future of GM products and is the foundation of standards for Global Manufacturing Ops and our customers.
Basic Qualifications/ Required skills
Be a member of the Global Electrical Support Team (GEST) – an integrated, technical organization consisting of members of various backgrounds across Manufacturing, Quality, Supplier Quality, Product Development, and IT organizations focusing on electrical manufacturing performance in order to inspire customer confidence in GM's vehicles
• Hybrid work location
• 60% Travel
• Much of your role will be Supporting Plants and driving electrical improvement across manufacturing plants.
• Coach a diverse team and effectively communicate findings and resolution.
• Find creative ideas to improve electrical quality performance
• Investigate complex issues and read across to other plants
• Prepare presentations for various levels of leadership Contribute expertise to the GM Automotive Manufacturing Electrical College (AMEC) training program curriculum development where applicableAdditional Description
• Vehicle electrical systems manufacturing processes and repair
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Quality system knowledge of processes in manufacturing
• High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
• Experience in both production and quality
• Highly developed oral & written communication skills
• High level of interpersonal skills to effectively lead, motivate and facilitate others in group situations
• Experience working in a team environment.
• Experience with electrical architectures
• Strong interpersonal and team building skills Strong written and oral communication skills, particularly to translate complex technical issues to non-technical people and Senior Leadership
• Passionate and inquisitive with a focus on solving problems in innovative ways
• The ability to work independently and within a team
On GM Manufacturing's Global Electrical Support Team, you'll be part of bringing exciting new vehicles to the world. You'll support GM's manufacturing plants to build electrically-perfect vehicles or assemblies. You'll collaborate across organizations to rethink how an automaker builds and launches vehicles to accelerate our all-electric future. Our goal is to inspire customer confidence in the every GM product starting with the very first vehicle coming off the line and every production day following. If you join us, you'll help get our customers technologically-advanced vehicles that function so seamlessly that they never have to think about the electrical system.
Join the Global Electrical Support Team (GEST) and be part of an extraordinary team of problem solvers. We span GM's Manufacturing Operations and Manufacturing Engineering Vehicle Systems teams to drive innovation across all aspects of electrical manufacturing. GEST is seeking passionate, highly motivated, future-thinking team players to accelerate GM's Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions, Zero Congestion vision without compromising electrical performance for our customers.About GM
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Total Rewards Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.