GM is committed to Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions, and Zero Congestion. With GM's new EV initiatives, we are committed to accelerating GM into an all- electric future, inspiring mass adoption of EVs through cross-functional strategies around vehicles, buying, charging, and ownership. The GM Energy group is responsible for developing and deploying the innovative solutions that further enable EVs and accelerate sustainability goals for our customers and our communities. This includes delivering new software, hardware and services associated with charging, fleet electrification, and EV enabled microgrids.
The GM Energy - Strategic Accounts Manager will be responsible for driving critical strategic engagement in the C-suite of GM's most important customers, and have a leadership role in crafting the operations of GM's new Envolve business unit. This new senior role will develop deep relationships across the various GM business units, representing the product and solution capabilities of GM Energy, while carrying and supporting the broad capabilities of GM in strategic engagements with core customers.
The Strategic Accounts Manager will be a deeply experienced energy solutions sales executive that can hear complex requirements from the customer C-suite, and creatively apply deep energy solutions thinking to deliver contractable value. The GM Energy ecosystem includes residential and C&I BESS, EVSE, fuel cells and other emerging hardware, as well as fleet electrification and EV microgrids. The Strategic Accounts Manager will speak fluently about these capabilities and the value they can bring to diverse customer environments.
The Strategic Accounts Manager will:
· Deliver the GM Energy messaging to key strategic customers, driving deep and long lasting commercial engagements with GM's most critical relationships.
· Work collaboratively across GM business units to ensure a tightly coordinated message across the varied GM offerings.
· Coordinate and enable sales across GM energy business unit sales teams
· Create and deliver innovative, integrated, market leading energy solutions from the ideation stage with key customers, through to ensuring long-term successful customer satisfaction via projects and investment initiatives that may take years to complete
· Work closely with other GM leaders to ensure successful execution of the GM Energy business plan
· Help set and drive team sales goals
· Teach, share, inspireAdditional Description
· 10+ years applicable experience
· Success originating, developing, and delivering on DERS or related energy projects
· Experience selling or deploying C&I energy hardware
· Experience finding pathways to successfully deliver early stage technologies into commercially viable development and finance structures
· Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills required to effectively lead, motivate, and facilitate others in group situations
· Demonstrated high level of strategic agility and desire to work in a complex and evolving environment
· Approximately 50% travel; this is a heavy travel role, and requires in person engagement for c-suite relationship management and vision setting
· Excellence in building and leading teams
· Understands and applies best-in-class practices
· Leverages expertise and speaks up to implement effective solutions
· Prioritizes customers to ensure satisfaction with a product, service or solution
· Ensures a business process moves from design to inception, review and optimization
· Designs and executes simplified and unique ideas. Easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions.
Remote: This position does not require the employee to be on-site full- time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis with 50% travel.
Please only apply if you DO NOT need sponsorship to work in the United States now or in the future. We are unable to consider candidates who require sponsorship .
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Total Rewards Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.