At General Motors we strive for a culture of excellence. We act with integrity. We are driven by ingenuity and innovation. We have the courage to do and say what's difficult. Each of us takes accountability for results and drives for continued efficiencies. We are seeking High School Interns to develop professionally and to prepare students to tackle today's challenges and become tomorrow's leaders. In this unique role, high school interns can make a great impact to General Motors' Fort Wayne Assembly Plant, while simultaneously preparing for their future.
· Help with documentation and analyzing data.
· Analyze process and technology to provide improvements.
· Assist in 3D Printing process.Additional Description
· Qualify to participate in an out-of-school internship program
· Willing to work in a plant environment
· Current High School Student at Homestead High School or Leo Sr. High School
· Interested in majoring in an Engineering related field.
· Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
· Demonstrates leadership in course work, extra-curricular activities, or service organizations
· Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
· Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, with differing timelines
· Willingness to ask questions, take initiative and be resourceful and inventive
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed
· Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability, and trustAbout GM
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Total Rewards Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.