The GM Automotive Manufacturing Electrical College, or AMEC, is an immersive training program that provides participants the opportunity to train in both classroom and hands-on settings for future employment on a Launch Electrical Team at one of GM's vehicle assembly facilities.
· Be a member of the plant's Electrical Team - an integrated, technical organization consisting of members from Manufacturing, Quality, Supplier Quality and Product Development organizations focused on problem solving the plant's top external and internal quality problems. Report to the Lead Launch Electrical Coordinator within that team.
· Lead electrical troubleshooting efforts for the launch team, focusing on top-hitting EFTQ issues, using Red X statistical problem solving and strategy- based diagnostics.
· Create actionable items from electrical failures to enable issue documentation and follow up. Leads corrective action plans.
· Complete required training at various sites around GM and suppliers. (Travel is required in this role)
· Lead disconnect workshop during launch to develop database for repair faults (knowledge based repair systems) in GSIP.
· Support Final Process Repairmen regarding training, troubleshooting vehicle issues, repair root cause entry into GSIP, Service Information schematic and other issues, Plant repair diagnostic tool (GDS2/MDI), and reporting systems. Coordinate training on new model features for repairmen on service diagnostic tools via Raytheon or applicable company.
· Conduct training of vehicle electrical systems for Team Leaders so they can support their Team MembersAdditional Description
Basic Skills Required
· Background or interest in working on vehicles
· Strong interpersonal and team building skills
· Strong written and oral communication skills, particularly to translate highly complex technical issues to non-technical people
· Self-motivated and innovative
· Strong analytical ability
· Able to make decisions quickly with a high level of confidence
· Minimum 3 years previous experience with automotive electrical sub-systems
· ASE certification or similar
· Thorough working knowledge of GMS as well supporting BIQ4 DeliverablesAbout GM
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Total Rewards Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.