In this role, you will motivate direct reports and business partners through effective communication, training, coaching, development, recognition, and supervision. You will demonstrates expertise with your knowledge of the processes your team is required to perform, and ensure your team members are effectively performing job responsibilities utilizing standardized methods.
Additional responsibilities are the following:
- Identifies opportunities for improvement using tools such as layered audits
- Achieves Safety, People, Quality, Responsiveness, and Cost key performance indicators
- Cultivates a safety culture, and implements and enforces workplace safety rules and policies
- Implements GMS and lean principles
- Models GM's cultural behaviors and demonstrates the highest level of integrity at all times
- Maintains good working relationships and communicates with employees, union representatives, and management team
- Evaluates team performance, and promotes continuous improvement
- Achieves quality standards by communicating goals and identifying resourceful ways to solve problems
- Understands and consistently administers collective bargaining agreements and company policies
- Completes administrative tasks such as timekeeping, and maintains departmental records and reports
- Performs all other duties as assignedAdditional Description
- Bachelor's Degree: Engineer or Logistics related
-Required experience in similar position: from 1 to 3 years.
-Available to change shifts 4x3
-English Level: Intermediate- Advanced.
- Key Skills:MRP, Material resources, microsoft office.
Diversity and inclusion are our strengths. We respect and value what each individual contribution to our team, including their origin, education, sex, race, ethnic group, sexual orientation, gender expression and / or identity, religious context, age, generation, and disability. We believe that our ability to meet the needs and expectations of an increasingly diverse and global customer base is closely linked to the diversity and inclusion that we experience within General Motors.About GM
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Total Rewards Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.