Odense, South Denmark, DK
#WeAreUR and we continuously redefine automation
At Universal Robots, part of Teradyne Inc., we are empowering change in the way work is done. Our vision is to create a world where people work with robots, not like robots. And with 75,000+ cobots already installed worldwide, we're well on the way to achieving it. Working towards our vision gives us endless opportunities to learn, grow, innovate, and solve problems together as we bring our technology to companies of all sizes all over the world.
We are looking for a structured and proactive technical production or mechanical engineer who is passionate about supporting and improving the production and can work closely with a multi-functional team to deliver results in safety, quality, delivery, and efficiency. You feel good about working in a vibrant environment which will challenge your professional skills.
This role is the process owner in selected assembly and production processes leading and driving production improvement activities. Based on analyzes you identify cause and effect relations and ensure implementation of preventive actions.
Furthermore, to be successful you will be responsible for:
· Expert in assembly processes and assembly equipment
· Improve assembly implementing new equipment in production
· Troubleshoot on assembly- and equipment errors
· Responsible for production equipment optimizing projects
· Close collaboration with Quality, Production and R&D regarding continuous improvement in production, assembly processes or design improvements
· Close collaboration with tool and automation suppliers to optimize production lines
· Close collaboration with our Maintenance team to ensure a high FPY
· Introduction of new product improvements handling change processes
· Likes automation with robots
This position is located in Odense, Denmark, and reports to our Production Technology Manager, Steffen Madsen.
We are driven by honesty and act with integrity - #WhoAreU
To be successful in this position we imagine you will come with:
A production or mechanical engineering background or other relevant technical background ensuring mechanical and technical understanding of production processes. Throughout your past employments you have built up shown experience with leading change processes as well as extensive experience with production optimization using LEAN tools.
In addition you are:
· Are a skilled user of ‘Solid Works' and has proven comprehension of 2D and 3D drawings.
· Have experience with the management of smaller projects
· Excels in English and Danish at a high level (oral and written)
· Have a self-starting mentality and enjoy engaging with other people
· Enjoy working pragmatically and hands on to tackle problems and generate solutions that benefit all parties, in a multifaceted and agile environment
· Service minded mindset
If you have experience from a similar production department or production optimization position is an advantage, but newly graduated are welcome to apply too.
As a person you are independent, but still a team player. You are motivated by solving complex tasks and still you are very practical in the way you approach things. Here at Universal Robots, we are very flexible, and we expect you to be the same. We have an agile organization where things continuously change and therefore it´s an advantage if you see yourself as a fast learner.
We collaborate it´s in our DNA
Join Universal Robots, the ground-breaking technology company, and help empower change in the way work is done. Shaping next year's innovations. Moving a fast-growing industry forward. Building a truly global career. You can do it all here.
We employ 1000+ people in offices across North America, South America, Europe, and Asia – and we're growing all the time. So, if you're looking to build your career working with some of the best talent from all over the world, we want to get in touch with you!
Job Segment: Mechanical Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Industrial, Engineer, Engineering, Manufacturing