Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us, you will have the change to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch!Job Description
Under the direction of the Molding Group Leader; plans, directs, and coordinates activities relating to three shift operations, including safety, quality, production, employee relations. Supervises the daily work activities of the Team Leader(s) assigned to the shifts.
• Supervises Molding Team Leaders assigned to the shift including but not limited to planning, assigning, directing, and coordinating their day-to-day activities. • Determines and manages appropriate manpower requirements in conjunction with the Team Leaders. • Ensures that shift employees (new and transferred) have received all required training in a timely manner. • Ensures Team Leaders are adhering to standardized work instructions, rotation schedules, and cross-training is done, as necessary. • Tracks and reports daily production and drives improvements where necessary. • Strives to improve the first pass yield by identifying repeat offenders and developing correction action to correct. • Administers and ensures compliance with the Quality and Material Management System requirements as outlined in the policy manuals. • Performs minor maintenance functions, when necessary. • Participates and leads process improvement projects: productivity, quality, ergonomics, etc. • Ensures all Company policies, procedures, plant standards, and safety rules are consistently adhered to. • Collaborates with the Molding Group Leader and Human Resources Business Partner in the administration of disciplinary action, when necessary. • Ensures the thoroughness and timely completion of scheduled performance reviews for shift employees. • Ensures Team Leaders are monitoring, maintaining, and accurately recording employees' time related to the Attendance and Time-Off Policies (e.g., vacation, PAA, FMLA, bereavement, jury duty, etc.) within established time frames; and all required supporting documentation is obtained in a timely manner. • Supports and enforces the principles of the Bosch Values, company goals and objectives, and decisions and policies by taking ownership and communicating these in a positive and supportive manner. • Displays a positive attitude towards safety, works safely and follows all the Company's safety policies and procedures. • Complies with all Health, Safety and Environmental standards in accordance with the Bosch Corporate Policy, the Occupational Health & Safety Act, and the Indiana Occupational Health & Safety Act. • Ensures all employees and visitors have a safe environment in that safety and housekeeping standards are maintained; and all hazards, unsafe actions, or unsafe conditions have been identified, corrected, and/or eliminated. • Responds to and investigates all reports of injuries, accidents, illnesses, near misses and property damage immediately.
• Takes an active part in the division's safety program by performing regular workplace inspections, effectively investigate accidents/incidents promptly, and assists in meeting or exceeding the division's safety goals.
• Reviews employee time sheets, schedules, wages, and other information in order to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.Qualifications
• Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Possess a high school diploma or GED.
• Have a minimum of 5 years of progressive leadership experience.
• Able to pass Company's forklift certification program and able to drive various types of motorized lifts.
• Demonstrate strong computer and SAP skills.
• Must have a strong understanding of leadership, problem solving and systems.
• Demonstrate the ability to lead associates and posses strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrate the ability to develop and deliver reports as required.
• Demonstrate the ability to create, compose and edit written materials.
• Possess strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Must have strong organizational skills
• Displays a positive attitude towards safety, works safely and follows all the Company's safety policies and procedures.
• Must have strong problem solving and decision making skills.
• Stand and walk for long periods of time.
• Regularly lift and/or move 15 pounds, frequently lift and/or move 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; bend, kneel and squat.
• Possess vision abilities that include close, distant and peripheral vision and depth perception.
• Minimal outdoor work.
• Continuous mounting and dismounting of sit-down forklift, as position requires.
• Able to withstand non-climate controlled environments.Additional Information
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, and Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
AWIM (A World In Motion)Job Location