You will maintain awareness of quality standards, and communicate department quality goals, and leverages resources to solve quality issues. You will build and maintain good working relationships with employees, union and management, and understand to consistently administer the National and Local Agreements between General Motors and the United Auto Workers Union. Implements and follows systems that prevent re-occurrence of known issues.
What you will do?
- Responsible for the effective use of personnel, material, and equipment - Participate in the selection of new employees and trains, develops and evaluates salaried and hourly employees, and the development of highly effective teams - Leads Global Manufacturing Systems(GMS) processes across multiple departments and serves as lead resource supporting launch and pilot activities in assigned areas - Meets or exceeds production cost schedule and maintains quality requirements - Promote safe work practices and achieve objectives for ergonomics, health and safety and housekeeping. Motivates, trains and develops employees to effectively perform their jobs utilizing standardized methods - Ensure team members receive adequate JIT (job instruction training) - Achieve production schedules and product requirements by applying lean manufacturing/synchronous principles with emphasis on variation reduction, control costs, and achieve productivity improvements - Coach, teach, counsel and mentor Group Leaders in these responsibilities.Additional Description
- Bachelor's Degree: Mechanical Engineer, Industrial Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Mechatronic Engineer and all Engineering related.
- English Level: Advanced.
- Previous Experience as a leader on automotive industry (4 to 6 years).
- Available to work from monday to saturday (as the organizational requirements).
- Administrative activities for Paint Shop.
Remember to attach your CV when applying to this vacancy.
Just so you know…diversity and inclusion are our strengths. We respect and value what each individual contribution to our team, including their origin, education, sex, race, ethnic group, sexual orientation, gender expression and / or identity, religious context, age, generation, and disability. We believe that our ability to meet the needs and expectations of an increasingly diverse and global customer base is closely linked to the diversity and inclusion that we experience within General Motors.About GM
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Total Rewards Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.