- Assess and evaluate financial performance of supported business partner with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts
- Support creation of yearly financial objectives that align with the business partner's plan for growth and expansion
- Prepare and may present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss, forecast vs. budget, and cash flow
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, SOX compliance and financial procedures
- Maintain outstanding relationships with business partners
- Develop talent / optimize team performance through stretch assignments, leadership exposure, career discussions, feedback, etc.
- Lead by example displaying GM behaviors, commitment to personal development and commitment to creating a positive Workplace of Choice culture
- Assist team with understanding the bigger picture and how projects relates to operational strategy / Enterprise goals
- Anticipate partner needs (proactive vs. reactive)
- Assist team in prioritization of workload, creating a picture to influence decision-making, facilitate collaboration across staffs, think through key analysis assumptionsAdditional Description
Key responsibilities include (but not limited to):
Overall subject matter expert for Pricing
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Total Rewards Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.