The Lead Solutions Architect is responsible and accountable for the quality and cohesion of solution architecture components within an assigned domain and their conformance to approved GM IT standards and alignment with the future state enterprise and domain architectural goals. This includes both hands-on development of IT technology solution architectures as well as management of various architectural initiatives.
A Lead Solutions architect is able to look across the assigned domain to ensure consistent alignment of technical solutions with the business goals and objectives of the supported unit. The architect provides industry leading technical direction and guidance to various project teams to ensure appropriate and cost effective application of GM approved technologies. Ensures appropriate and effective data integration across multiple applications.
A Lead Solutions Architect is expected to master all the capabilities required of a solutions architect and shown expertise with various architectural patterns, technologies and architecture management processes. A Lead Solutions Architect will mentor and direct less Lead solutions architects while contributing to multi-layered solution architectures that comprehend and specify business, application, data and infrastructure designs.
1. Responsible for leading the definition of solution architectures which includes evaluation, selection and integration of necessary technical components to create solution designs that support the defined functional and non-functional requirements.
2. Responsible for definition of current state application and/or infrastructure architectures for the assigned domain areas.
3. Responsible for development and approval of future state application or infrastructure architectures in an organized and cohesive manner using industry accepted frameworks.
4. Understands, applies and recommends architecture principles in the context of a specific solution.
5. Responsible for integration and cohesion of developed or reviewed architecture solutions across all architectural layers.
6. Understands and comprehends the implications of technology decisions and recommendations across multiple domain areas.
7. Ensure that designed or reviewed solutions conform to architectural requirements such as scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, usability and security across multiple domain areas.
8. Promotes innovation and application of emerging IT technologies within the context of a business domain area.
9. Introduces technology innovation opportunities to the GM IT organization. Participates in the evaluation of new technologies for inclusion as GM IT standards.
10. Provides guidance, coaching and/or training to others as appropriate. Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and creates a winning culture.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.Additional Description About GM
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Total Rewards Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.