Responsible for supporting activities that may include:
- Perform virtual analysis against the Manufacturing Requirements/GM Standards and create concept sheets and tracking the issues until totally resolution of:
DFM/ DFA : Support and orientation to designers and product engineers, requesting and management product concepts improvements required for the best manufacturing process;
Develop new tools for improve and extend polymers virtual analysis.
Robots simulation for assembly and injection process (software: Process Simulate, NX e Teamcenter)
Load Path – plastic parts and movement characteristics according to equipment and assembly process.
Ergonomics/ Clipping Efforts
- SORs and project management for tools, operations or specific technologies.
- Manufacturing process definition
- Layout concept definition and detail
- New technologies application in the process
- Design and process definition
- Sequence of operations
- Human resources consideration
- Efficient material flow
- Automation process and resources definition
- Provide technical direction to and oversight of outside vendor sources
- Management of Process Simulate Projects with Polymers suppliers and process engineers
- Develop automatic tools to reduce virtual analysis load cases timing and improve the results quality
- Support to plant team during integration, plant installation, flawless launch and continuous improvement of equipment and tools, for achieve the production of high quality parts
- Provide virtual assessments, process designer and process simulate tools training for complete Polymers team
- Document activities or programs lessons learned at Auros System
Work must involve development and testing of advanced process technology.Additional Description
College degree in Engineering (mandatory)
CREA Active (mandatory)
Advanced English (mandatory)
Assembly process experience preferred
Knowledge of Siemens PLM
Knowledge of Siemens Tecnomatix Process Simulate;
Knowledge of Plastic Injection Simulation Software - Mold Flow
Advanced knowledge of Office Package;
Knowledge of AutoCAD for Layout
Knowledge of 3D Modeling Software - preferably Siemens NXAbout GM
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Total Rewards Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.